Sunday, April 29, 2012

Easter morning

What is begging to be written today?  There are many story lines right now.  But certainly, there is just one, actual story line.  One, actual theme.  The one that is about taking hold of my life, finally.  Or, is it about letting go, finally.  It is a strange time in my life in some ways,   a time of great change:  a daughter is who about to finish her public education, and start college in the fall (and not just any college);   a son who is searching for what he needs to grow up and make sense out of our past so that he can see who he really is - as an individual;  a job which has felt tumultuous this last month with big heaving swells of issues, emotions and challenges;  my father;  issues from the previous marriage;  grieving a lost love.  To look at this as written words makes it all seem bigger in some ways - significant.

I talk often about how slow and challenged I am.  But, my incredible friend Lowell reminded me yesterday that I ought to put an end to that mantra.  There is a different truth.  Perhaps I am challenged and slow, but that is just the being human part of my journey.  There are additional truths for me.  What are they?

No comments: