Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who's up at 5 with me to start the week?

This crazy comment was texted to my blog from my phone - yeah baby - at 11 pm last night. "Crazy" because I knew I'd feel obligated to get my ass out of bed if I did that. And it worked. And, it worked in another way too. I heard from some, I must say, extremely cool facebook friends who let me know they were up at 4:14 and 4:30 and other nutty times of day (I call that nighttime actually). It was very nice to know they were up and we were up together. I don't know why, but I need that. I need to know people are with me, even when they are miles and miles away.

Another funny thing happened on my 5 a.m. jaunt through to the gym. I have been taking a short cut that goes a tiny bit through the woods. I haven't been taking a flashlight - but today I did (a teeny weeny one). Wouldn't you know, today is the day I almost tripped, not once, but twice. Turns out, I seem to navigate better when I'm relying on myself more, going by feel. Sort of like the blood hound thing from my last post. I'm just sayin'....there's a message there.

No comments: